Estimated value of the project:
Construction of the Western Žabica Complex enables operative activity of the bus station with the accompanying contents, such as parking and commercial contents, and the new traffic regulation and expansion of the pedestrian zone in the city centre. This Complex is near the train station and the Rikard Benčić zone, intended for the expansion of the narrow city centre zone. The project involves the following construction activities:
A) Construction of the following facilities:
- Bus terminal – 8,000 m²,
- Public car parks over 4 levels with 940 parking spaces – 29,800 m²,
- Shopping mall – 6,600 m², • Service facilities – 4,800 m²,
- Multi-purpose arena seating 300 – 2,500 m² approximate surface area.
B) New access from the road along the ground-floor section of the complex with an extension to the Riva Street,
C) Reconstruction and new design of the Žabica Square,
D) Reconstruction of the entrance to the Port of Rijeka area.
Location: City of Rijeka
Ownership: City of Rijeka and Rijeka plus Ltd.
Realization model: The owners offer realisation according to the model of land sale and sale of the right to build, as well as the possibility of realisation through EU funds.
Physical planning documents:
- the project is in compliance with the physical planning documents.
- preliminary, basic and final designs for the construction of the complex and reconstruction of the Žabica square and construction of the extension of the Riva Street.
- confirmation of the project.
- confirmation of the project for re construction of the the Žabica square and construction of the extension of the Riva Street
Srđan Škunca, Head City Department for Development,
Urban Planning, Ecology and Land Administration City of Rijeka,
Titov trg 3, 51000 Rijeka
Phone: +385 51 209 450
Fax: +385 51 209 451
Željko Smojver, Director
Rijeka plus Ltd.
Školjić 15, 51000 Rijeka
Phone: +385 51 311 420
Fax: +385 51 311 420